Top 10 breakfasts
4. Breakfast kebabs
This kebab recipe is simple, quick and provides a balanced nutritious breakfast with protein, carbs and a good portion of fruit. This recipe is very versatile and you can use whichever fruit you and your child prefers!
- 1 thick slice of wholemeal bread
- 1 medium sized egg
- 2tbsp of milk
- A large handful of fresh fruit (ie; melon chunks, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, pineapple, mango, grapee, banana chunks are all good)
- 1tsp of coconut sugar or maple syrup (if you don’t have this honey or sugar will do)
- 1tbsp of oil (carotino, grapeseed, coconut are all good but you could also use vegetable oil)
- 2 wooden skewers with the points removed if you’re giving to young children and toddlers.
- Crack the egg and empty into a bowl, whisk and add the milk and xylitol or sugar.
- Cut the bread into chunks. Heat the oil in a medium sized frying pan.
- Dip the bread chunks into the egg mixture until evenly coated. Allow to drip slightly before placing into the frying pan one by one.
- Cook the bread chunks until golden all over (3-5 minutes). When cooked remove from the heat and set aside whilst you prepare the fruit.
- Cut the fruit up into mouth sized chunks then begin to slide the fruit and bread chunks onto a skewer. Repeat this process with the other remaining skewer.
- Serve with a few more pieces of fruit and a handful of nuts if desired!