These fruit rolls are so easy to make and are a great replacement for sweets as it’s 100% fruit. Your little ones will enjoy getting involved in making them too! A great term break activity to occupy the kids especially if the weather’s not so good!
Makes 6-10 rolls depending on preferred width!
- 1 medium ripe mango
- 150g ready to eat dried apricots
- Place the flesh of the mango and the apricots into a blender and blend until smooth
- Transfer the pureed fruit into a pan and cook on a medium heat for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Line a large flat baking tray with baking parchment and pour out the puree.
- This is the bit kids will love the most…apart from licking the spoon of course! Spread the puree evenly and thinly (should be no more than 1mm thick). Place it in the oven on the lowest setting (no higher than 140c, I put mine on 50c) and allow to heat through for between 4-6 hours.
- The puree will be ready to remove from the oven when it stops feeling sticky to touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool fully before rolling the puree and parchment up into a tight roll.
- Cut into desired width and serve or store in an airtight container for upto 1 week