No cook Fruit Bars
Makes 6-8 bars
- 1 handful of nuts (ideally brazil nuts, cashew, almond or hazelnut)
- 2 handfuls of stoned dates
- You could also add the following:
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
- Place greaseproof paper on a large plate or a 20cm long baking tray.
- Place the nuts into a food processor and blend until you have a breadcrumb texture.
- Add the dates and any other ingredient you want to include and blend til smooth. The mixture should now easily hold its shape when moulded into balls.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and with your hands shape it into a sausage. Then place it on the greaseproof paper and flatten into a bar shape (about 1cm thick).
- Once you’ve made all the bars place them in the fridge for at least an hour before eating. This makes them firm.
These bars need to be stored in an airtight container in the fridge and will keep for a week (if you and your children manage to make them last that long)!