Gluten-free, egg-free and dairy-free! These little gems are suitable for children who have some of the more common allergies (however it does contain sesame seeds and is not suitable for anyone with a sesame seed allergy)!
These biscuits make for a delicious, healthy snack and are sweetened by the dates and banana.
Makes 9 biscuits.
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 15 dates, stoned and roughly chopped
- 230g unsweetened coconut flakes
- 110g sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 130c
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until well combined and almost smoothe (takes a few minutes)
- Line a baking tray. Scoop a golf size handful of the mixture roll into a ball with your hands and pat down onto the tray til they’re about 1cm deep.
- Put the biscuits in the oven on the middle shelf and cook for 40-50 minutes depending on what type of oven you use (fan oven, around 40 mins). The biscuits should be nice and golden brown but not rock solid.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.