Basically, it’s pea soup but when feeding fussy kids your creative ways of marketing food kicks in as sometimes you really have to sell it to them just to get it passed their lips.
This comforting soup is perfect for those autumn days!
Other names you could call the soup: snot soup, witches blood, monsters bile. If you have any other creative names, let us know!
Makes 6 adult portions.
- 1 x medium onion, chopped
- 2 x cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 x tins of marrowfat peas with the liquid or 1kg frozen peas
- 1 large potato chopped into 2cm chunks
- 1 litre of veg stock
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a large saucepan and add the chopped onions. Cook for a few minutes until they become translucent and then add the garlic and potato and cook for another minute.
- Add the peas and stock and bring to the boil then reduce to simmer, season and cook until potatoes are tender (15-20 minutes).
- Once the potatoes are cooked, blend with a stick blender or pour into a blender and blitz til smoothe.
- Watch your wee ones cackle with delight at this wickedly yummy but nutritious cauldron of goodness!