A ghoulish breakfast
Set your kids day off to a good start with a scarily healthy breakfast.
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread, toasted
- 2 black olives, stoned
- 2 tbsp of malt vinegar
- Add the malt vinegar to a large pan and fill 3/4 full with water. Bring the water mixture to a boil.
- Once the water has reached boiling point remove from the heat.
- Carefully add the eggs one at a time to the water (you can crack the egg into a cup and pour in the water to prevent the yolk breaking) and leave for 3 minutes or until there’s just a little wobble in the egg.
- Remove the egg carefully allowing the excess water drip off then place on the slice of toast.
- Slice one olive in half lengthways and slice the other olive into 4 for the ghostly eyes.
- Position the eyes and mouth onto the egg and serve!
The tip to a perfect poached egg is to use the freshest eggs you can find as the white holds together better!