Frozen Greek yoghurt
Delicious and healthy! Greek yoghurt is a good source of protein.
Makes 1 litre of frozen yoghurt
- 2 x 500ml tubs of Greek yoghurt (full fat, 2% or fat free are all fine. Full fat products are apparently more beneficial for toddlers and young children)
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 60g of honey or maple syrup
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour all the ingredients into an ice cream maker and churn for about 20 minutes or til you’ve reached the desired consistency
- Alternatively if you don’t have an ice cream maker, mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and pour into a plastic container.
- Put the container in the freezer and leave for an hour.
- Remove the container from the freezer and stir to prevent the mixture crystalizing and put back into the freezer and leave until firm.
- As the mixture freezes to a very firm consistency, remove the frozen yoghurt 10-15 minutes before serving.
You can experiment with different flavoured Greek yoghurts like mango, strawberry or coconut!