With all the food preparation that usually takes place over Christmas, this recipe is quick and easy and one to get the kids involved with. A great treat to serve up on Christmas Eve! The little ones will love getting involved to help make their snowman pizza and may also encourage them to try new foods!
- Ready rolled pizza dough
- 1/2 a ball of mozzarella, sliced thinly
- 1tsp of mascarpone or 1 triangle or Dairylea
- 2 black olives
- Orange pepper
- Green pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200c and line a baking tray with parchment.
- Unroll the pizza dough and with a large cookie cutter (10-12cm in diameter) cut one large circle and place on to the baking sheet. Sprinkling a pinch of uncooked semolina helps to crisp up the base and also helps prevent the pizza dough from sticking to the tray.
- With a small cookie cutter cut a smaller circle out of the pizza dough and place above the larger circle on the tray.
- Smear the mascarpone (or Dairylea) on to the pizza circles and spread evenly. Place the mozarella on top.
- Cut 1 olive in half lengthways for the eyes then slice a couple of pieces off the second olive for the buttons.
- Take a straw and plunge it into the remaining piece of olive and remove from the straw by blowing down the other end. Repeat 4 times to make the olive pieces for the mouth.
- Cut a triangle shape slither from the orange pepper and 2 longer slices for the scarf and place onto the pizza base.
- Place on the top shelf in the oven and cooked for 8-15 minutes until the cheese begins to turn golden and the pizza base is cooked.