Transform plain sandwiches into something special. You don’t need to spend money on special shaped sandwich cutters, the round biscuit ones work well with this recipe.
What you’ll need
- 5cm biscuit cutter
- Make a sandwich with your childs favourite filling.
- Cut 4 small circles in the sandwich using the biscuit cutter.
- Stand up each circular sandwich to form the body of the caterpillar.
- Cut 2 thick slices of cucumber. Then cut into small chunks for the legs, leaving a longer piece for the mouth. Place the cucumber legs by the sandwiches.
- For the eyes, I’ve used cranberries but you could use raisins, olive pieces or pinenuts. Place them on the first sandwich to make up the face along with the cucumber mouth.